Terrapex Environnement Ltée. assists companies with applications for obtaining a Certificate of Authorization from the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Luttre contre les changements climatiques (MDDELCC).
Article 22 of the Environmental Quality Act (EQA) states that one must obtain a certificate of authorization prior to the completion of any work or activity with the potential to impact the environment. Any project, activity or work subject to this Act requires a request for authorization from the MDDELCC.
Article 22, section IV, of EQA states:
“No one may erect or alter a structure, undertake to operate an industry, carry on an activity or use an industrial process or increase the production of any goods or services if it seems likely that this will result in an emission, deposit, issuance or discharge of contaminants into the environment or a change in the quality of the environment, unless he first obtains from the Minister a certificate of authorization.
Regulatory requirements for an application of autorization
- Identification of the applicant: individual or corporation, partnerships, associations, municipality.
- Project location: legal description, zoning, site plan.
- Nature of project: technical caractéristics
- Potential consequences of the project: description, volume and points of contaminant emissions, released or deposited into the environment.
- Additional documentation: municipal authorization